WHAT IS NATURAL FOOD
Food that has undergone minimal processing and contains no preservatives or artificial additives.
CFIA DEFINITION AND CLARIFICATION
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has created some rules to prevent companies from abusing the "natural" term. The CFIA says that foods can only be represented as natural if they have never contained an added vitamin, nutrient, artificial flavour or food additive. The food also needs to be in its original form and can't have been processed significantly. But companies are allowed to use a "natural ingredients" label in cases where products contain some natural ingredients. This could easily give consumers the false impression that all ingredients in the product are natural.
FDA DEFINITION AND CLARIFICATION
The FDA has considered the term ‘natural’ to mean that nothing artificial or synthetic (including all color additives regardless of source) has been included in, or has been added to, a food that would not normally be expected to be in that food.
NATURAL PRODUCT APPROVAL PROCESS
We would like to clarify the basis of our natural food certification program. Since there is no accreditation for natural food certification, our program is based on the following:
1. Producer claim: You will need to provide evidence that your facility has processes in place to ensure that your products meet natural food certification requirements. This includes filling out our application form and providing details on your production processes and facility management.
2. Accredited laboratory test reports: To further verify may ACS require laboratory testing of your samples. We only accept results from accredited laboratories that are recognized by ILAC (International Accreditation Laboratory Council).
3. Third-party independent approval: To ensure impartiality, ACS engages an independent third-party audit to review your application, testing results and on-site audit. We will evaluate whether your products meet our natural food certification requirements and provide a recommendation for approval certification or rejection.
Our natural food certification approval is valid for one year; after which you will need to reapply to maintain your certification. We take our responsibility seriously, and we conduct regular audits and inspections to ensure that facility continues to meet our certification requirements.
BENEFITS FROM ACS CANADA NATURAL APPROVAL CERTIFICATION
1. Expertise in natural certification: ACS Canada has extensive experience and expertise in the field of food certification, including natural. Our professional team is well versed in the requirements and standards related to natural food products. We understand the intricacies of the certification process and can guide clients through the necessary steps to successfully achieve natural certification.
2. Reputation and Credibility: ACS Canada is a key location to internationally recognized certification body. The provided food safety management system certificate is accredited by IAS-IAF, and therefore this gives more credibility and trust to the natural food certificate we provide. This validity increases the credibility of certified products and inspires the trust of customers and consumers worldwide.
3. Comprehensive support: ACS Canada provides comprehensive support throughout the certification process. We assist clients in understanding natural certification requirements and criteria, providing guidance on required documentation, testing methods and compliance. Our expert team ensures that customers are well prepared and equipped to meet the standards set by Natural Certification.
4. Access to Accredited Laboratories: ACS Canada facilitates the certification process by providing access to accredited laboratories. These laboratories conduct tests and provide reports that verify the natural claims of food products. The use of accredited laboratories ensures the validity and reliability of the testing process and further strengthens the credibility of the natural certificate.
5. Global Market Access: Obtaining natural certification from ACS Canada opens doors to global market opportunities. This certification signifies the quality and authenticity of natural food products and makes them more attractive to customers and consumers around the world. ACS Canada's global marketing and sales support helps promote and showcase certified natural products, expand market reach and increase visibility.
6. Quality assurance: Natural certification from ACS Canada assures customers and consumers of the high quality and authenticity of food products. This certificate shows that strict standards and criteria for natural labeling have been met. This confidence creates trust, loyalty and confidence in the brand, which leads to increased customer satisfaction and repeat business. This is done through the inclusion of the natural ACS Canada logo on the product.
7. Continuous Improvement: ACS Canada promotes a culture of continuous improvement in the natural certification process. We stay up to date with the latest industry developments and regulatory changes related to natural food products. This commitment to continuous improvement ensures that customers receive the most accurate and reliable certification services that reflect the evolving needs and expectations of the natural food industry.
Our expertise, reputation, comprehensive support, access to accredited laboratories, global market access, quality assurance and commitment to continuous improvement make us an attractive option for customers seeking natural food certification. Our services provide the credibility, documentation and market advantages necessary to ensure the success of natural food products in a competitive market.
ACS employs accelerated learning methods to ensure a comprehensive grasp of all certificates. Our approach involves contextualizing your learning through a wide array of options, including classroom instruction, workshops, as well as interactive and online sessions.
GOOD AGRICULTURAL PRACTICE(GAP) Training Course Why GAP training? The application of existing knowledge to the sustainable use of the natural resource base for the production of safe, healthy food and non-food agricultural products in a sustain manner, while maintaining economic viability and social stability, is the concept of Good Agricultural Practices. The GAP depict the […]More About This Course